Lightning Strikes, Sparks Fire in Marlborough Home
MARLBOROUGH- A local family is returning back to their home this week to pick up the pieces after it was struck by lightning during Saturday's storms.
Anthony Funches says his wife was in the kitchen when she felt the jolt that sparked a fire in the couples' Marlborough home. She quickly began to see smoke billowing out of their basement, and called out for her husband and 911. The fire department arrived on scene quickly and was able to contain the fire to the family's basement, rescuing their three dogs from the smoke and keeping damage confined to that space.
Red Cross has been helping the family over the weekend with a place to stay, and all involved are grateful that no one was injured.
To learn more, watch the full video below: